With eyes popping right out of their heads, snails (and slugs) could be the worst pests ever.
I do not fear them but thinking about the slime and all just makes me feel yuck!
But thanks to science fiction for putting a touch of awesomeness and cuteness into them.
They turned out adorable and could be good to keep as pets.
Here are some not-so-slimy snails and slugs in science fiction you need to love right now.
12. A group of Snails (蝸牛, Kagyū) in Naruto
11. The Giant Old Snail (大古蝸, Ōgoka) in Naruto
10. Katsuyu in Naruto
9. The killer black slugs in the classic horror movie Slugs
8. Snorlock in Adventure Time
7. Gary the Snail in SpongeBob SquarePants
6. Jabba the Hutt in Star Wars
5. The rest of the Pit Crew (Smoove Move, Whiplash, Skidmark and Burn) in the movie Turbo
4 .White Shadow in the movie Turbo
3. Theo in the movie Turbo
2. Slug, the late student in Monsters University
1. Mub and Grub in the movie Epic
This SCIFI featurette is inspired by a Topless Robot blog post. It is a rework and originally titled “From Pure Iiickyness to Cuteness Overload, 3 Upcoming Movies Featuring Snails and Slugs and Much More”.
This have been posted at a just another blog that I manage. But that blog’s domain is going to expire this coming October 3rd. I thought of importing its content to a free-hosted blog, which I did, but it would have been discontinued in the first place. So I have decided to deactivate it for good.